<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, June 14, 2013

The Beginning

Let’s start at the beginning. At the start of September 2012, I decided to make a change to start living a healthier life. Since I was 17, I have tried probably every diet out there, but I eventually gave each up. The same could be said for my lack of a regular workout routine. Both of these things changed in September, and I have never made two better decisions in my life. 

I first heard the word Paleo in 2011. It sounded restrictive and awful. The idea of giving up grains, dairy and sugar seemed impossible at the time. After extensive research, I discovered Paleo isn’t about the restrictions but eating clean and less processed. After eight months, I can’t imagine not eating Paleo. I am absolutely in love with it. It isn’t a diet but truly a lifestyle. Cheesy I know! I enjoy recreating some of my favorite dishes “Paleo Style.”

Around the same time I began Paleo, I also started Moksha hot yoga. Moksha is similar to Bikram, but it also incorporates vinyasa (or flow) along with other classes of varying difficulty. I am pretty sure I almost passed out during my first class and spent a good portion of the time in child’s pose. I’m currently four short classes away from my 100th class. I have found yoga to not only be very relaxing at times but also invigorating. I have never sweated more at any type of exercise, but that might have something to do with being in a 100 degree room! 

Every week I cook myself at least three Paleo dishes. After toying around with the idea of a blog for months, I thought why not give it a try. Equipped with my iPhone and passion for cooking and living a healthy life, I hope to share some of my adventure in Paleo! 


x vanessa 

4 Comments:

At July 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Katie Buschgens said...

I am inspired & encouraged! I am doing a 30 day jumpstart of no dairy, wheat or sugar to help myself get back to a healthy lifestyle. The simplicity and creativity of your recipes has given me another burst of energy towards this endeavor. Thank you for taking this on to share with the hungry masses!

 
At July 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thank you so much! It is definitely hard at first, but the effort really pays off in the end when you are living a healthy lifestyle!

 
At October 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Green Acres in the City said...

Just found you. I have recently started the Arbonne 28 Day Detox Boot Camp and your blog will help with some great menu ideas.

 
At October 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm so happy to be a resource! Love your blog name!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home