<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Paleo Sweet Potato and Sausage Breakfast Hash

(Disclaimer: Tastes WAY better than this picture looks)
Next to dessert my next favorite meal is hands down brunch. It is the perfect combination of breakfast and lunch and goes so well with a mimosa. While mimosas aren’t the regular during the work week, my love of brunch foods transitions to breakfast. Since starting Paleo, I have been introduced to a new love: breakfast hash. You can pretty much throw a bunch of different vegetables, eggs and breakfast meat into a skillet, and it will be fantastic! 

I have made this particular breakfast hash more times than I can count, and it always comes out fantastic. Sometimes I grate the sweet potato, but if I am in a hurry I just chop it up into small squares. I also play around with the type of meat I use. I go back and forth between Trade Joe’s Chicken sausages sliced into medallions and turkey breakfast sausage. 

Ingredients
2 Sweet Potatoes, shredded or diced
1 12oz Package Turkey breakfast sausage OR
3 Trader Joe’s Smoked, Apple, Chardonnay Chicken Sausages, sliced 
1 Tbls Coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash of salt
Optional: Dash of nutmeg, eggs

Directions
If you are using breakfast sausage, brown in a pan, breaking it up into crumbles. If you are using chicken sausage, brown medallions on each side. Next add coconut oil. Once it is melted, add the sweet potatoes, if you shredded it, let it sit for a couple of minutes as the one side browns. If you diced it, toss the cubes around in the skillet to fully coat with coconut oil. Flip shredded sweet potatoes and let the other side brown. To finish it off add cinnamon and a dash of salt to taste. Sometimes I like to sprinkle in a little nutmeg as well. 

You can eat now or nestle in a couple eggs, cover and cooked until the eggs are poached. 


Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home