<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Paleo Orange Chicken Stir-fry


Ethnic food tends to be my weakness. I love anything from Thai, Indian, Mexican, Brazilian, Chinese, Japanese. You get the picture.
Sometimes it can be hard to transform some of my favorite dishes into Paleo, but other times it can be surprisingly easy. I found this orange chicken recipe and was amazed at how easy it was to make. A huge bonus- it tastes amazing! By making a few easy substitutes this recipe is Paleo friendly! 

Ingredients
Sauce
½ cup orange juice (make sure the only ingredient is oranges!)
2 Tbls coconut aminos (you can find these here or at Whole Foods) 
2 Tbls rice vinegar
2 Tbls honey
1 Tbls orange zest
2 large garlic cloves
1 tsp minced ginger

Stir-fry
1 pound chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
Salt and pepper
3 Tbls coconut flour
4 cups chopped vegetables (I like broccoli, carrots and snap peas)
1 Tbls coconut oil
½ cup yellow onion, chopped 

Directions
Blend all ingredients for the sauce in a blender or using a hand blender. Warm sauce in a pan and place to the side.

Place chicken in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add coconut flour and make sure chicken is evenly coated. Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Brown on all sides. Letting chicken cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Once chicken is almost cooked add the vegetables. Cook until you can pierce broccoli with a fork. Slowly add the sauce while stirring the chicken and vegetables.

Serve over cauliflower fried rice or simply eat by itself! 

Recipe is adapted from here.


Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!. This Recipes For Stir Fry is very different for all the recipes I saw on the internet. Indeed, I'm looking for a recipe that I can cook for this dinner. Of all the recipes I saw, this is the most great and delicious. I will try this one and I wish I can do it right. Thank you!.

 
At August 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thank you so much!! I love this recipe, and it is super tasty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home