<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, June 21, 2013

Paleo Breakfast Smoothies


Eggs, eggs and more eggs. My normal breakfast usually consists of two or three eggs and a piece of fruit. Not very exciting, I know. Eggs are quick and easy, which is a definite plus in the morning. After a couple days in a row of plain over-easy eggs, I am itching to add a little variety to my breakfast routine. One of my favorite quick breakfast treats is smoothies. I normally have a variety of fruit on hand that I just toss into my Ninja blender and go. I love coming up with new combinations too. It is fun to come up with a dish or theme and then make a smoothie to resemble it. Love chocolate covered strawberries? Blend coconut milk, raw cocao powder and fresh strawberries and raspberries. Craving a pina colada? Blend a banana, orange, pineapple, coconut milk and shredded coconut. Viola, you are on a beach sipping your island cocktail. Well not exactly, but it is still fun to dream. 


Green Kiwi 
2 large handfuls of baby spinach
1 kiwi
1 green apple 
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1 tsp chia seeds 


Pina Colada
½ cup coconut milk, canned, shaken
1 banana
1 clementine
½ cup no sugar added canned pineapple, fresh if available! 
2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut 

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
½ cup coconut milk, canned, shaken
¼ cup sliced strawberries
¼ cup raspberries
1 Tbls raw cocoa powder 

The Elvis 
½ cup coconut milk, canned, shaken
1 banana
2 Tbls almond butter
1 tsp honey

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home