<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Paleo Sweet Pomegranate Chicken


I love a good chicken recipe. While chicken might not be the most alluring meat, it is arguably one of the most versatile. With a simple glaze or marinade you can take chicken from spicy to sweet to savory. This recipe shines by being a little bit of everything. The initial sweetness is paired with a hint of spice from the chili oil. I could have gone for a little more heat, but I am pretty sure I am missing some of my tastebuds from my love of hot sauce. Everyone else thought the heat was spot on. I dare you to add another 1/2 tsp of chili oil if you are feeling brave! Serves 4.


Ingredients
4 lbs chicken drumsticks
1/2 cup olive oil

Glaze
1 cup rice wine vinegar
10 garlic cloves, minced 
2 in fresh ginger, peeled and minced 
1 tsp chili oil
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup 100% pomegranate juice
2 limes, juiced
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper

parsley, to garnish
pomegranate seeds, to garnish

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, combine all glaze ingredients. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in two large flat bottom skillets over high heat. Sear chicken drumsticks on all sides and remove to plate. Using two skillets helps save time and prepares for the next step. Reduce heat to medium and pour equal parts glaze in each skillet. Stir for 1-2 minutes as the sauce simmers. Return chicken to pans (approximately 6 drumsticks per skillet) and coat with sauce. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip chicken and cook for another 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let set for 10 minutes, sprinkle with torn parsley and then dig in! 

Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is here

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Before I attempt this, I would like to clarify, please! Do you keep some of the glaze mixture aside so that you can simmer in the skillets and then also add more glaze when you put the chicken in the pans for baking? Thank you!

 
At December 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

You put all of the sauce in the pan if you are using one pan, then add the seared chicken and toss to coat thoroughly. I split it in half because I used two pans to sear my chicken. I can definitely clarify more if that doesn't make sense!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home