<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, October 28, 2013

Paleo Spicy Mustard Crockpot Chicken



I have been giving my crockpot some serious loving these last few weeks. Everything goes into one pot and out comes dinner! When you live alone, cooking an extravagant meal for one isn’t very appealing. Most of the time the clean up takes just as long as the actual cooking. That might have something to do with my distaste for using the dishwasher, which I can even admit is strange. I find washing my dishes by hand to be very therapeutic. Just you, the dishes and some sudsy water. It gives me plenty of time to think about whatever I feel like. Normally I’m thinking about why I don’t just use the dishwasher like a normal person. 

Along with being on a crockpot kick, I’ve been on a serious chicken kick. Chicken and crockpot just go hand in hand. I never realized how easy chicken is to cook in a crockpot. The biggest bonus is how moist the chicken always turns out! This recipe is not only very easy, but you most likely have most of the ingredients already in your fridge. 


Ingredients
2 chicken breasts 
1 tbls olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup chicken broth
2 tbls honey
1 1/2 tbls dijon mustard
1 1/2 tbls stone ground mustard
1/2 tbls paleo chili garlic sauce, here 

Directions
Mix all ingredients except chicken in a small bowl. Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot and pour sauce over it. Cook on low for 3 hours. Remove chicken and pour sauce into small sauce pot. Heat sauce over medium to a simmer for 10 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce on top. 

Enjoy!


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At January 26, 2014 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

was I suppose to pour all of the sauce into the crockpot?

 
At January 26, 2014 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Yes all the sauce goes into the crockpot, then when the chicken is done you reduce it down on the stove and pour over the chicken! Hope that helps!

 
At February 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Jason said...

I am new to Paleo and your site and this was REE-DIC-U-LOUSLY good! This recipe was delicious and super easy. The chili garlic sauce is on point as well! +1 from me fo' sho'!

 
At February 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Ahh thanks!! I love the chili garlic sauce. It adds nice kick to almost any dish!

 
At February 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM , Blogger SShields said...

Anyone try it without the chili garlic? That's more time/ingredients than I have and more heat than I want.

 
At February 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM , Blogger SShields said...

Anyone try it without the chili garlic? That's more time/ingredients than I have and more heat than I want.

 
At February 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I haven't had any feedback of anyone trying it without the chili garlic sauce, but if you don't want the heat you can definitely omit the ingredient all together!

 
At March 12, 2014 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I had to make a lot of substitutions when I made this recipe because I didnt want to go to the store, but it still turned out great! So I think that people reading this blog wont need to be afraid of making adjustments for what they have in their kitchen at the time. I used chicken thighs, yellow and horseradish mustard and Sambal Oelek (non garlic) chili paste and it still turned out really good

 
At March 16, 2014 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Those sound like delicious subs!! I'm glad you liked it!

 
At March 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I tried these for lunch on Sunday. It was so good I think I'm doing them again this week!

 
At March 17, 2014 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Yeah!! I'm happy you liked it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home