<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thieves Tea


I’ve been using essential oils daily for a couple months now. My sister got me into them after… I have enjoyed making my own beauty products and something. While I have been using the oils topically in my deodorant, lip balm and moisture stick, I never thought about drinking the oils. The weather has been going haywire lately. It went from 65 degrees one day to -10 ten the next night. Needless to say my body doesn’t respond well to such drastic changes in weather, and I started to feel sick. As a person who self-proclaims to never be sick, I freak out a little when I do get sick or feel something coming on. My sister suggested I drink a concoction she had mixed up for her husband when he wasn’t feeling well. 

She made me thieves tea. It smelled good but strong. Her husband joked I should probably chug it because it burns a little. I was starting to reconsider what I had got myself into. After mentally prepping myself, I downed the drink. There was definitely a little bit of a burn but it tasted good! The next day I was starting to feel better so I skipped making the tea for myself. Foolish idea because that is when the weather really took a turn, and I decided going outside in the snow in shorts was a smart idea. Don’t ask. So I brewed my own tea with a few adjustments. The MCT oil binds itself to the essential oils and cuts down on almost all the burn! 

Now you might be wondering what is this thieves oil? Young Living created Thieves from researching four thieve who were robbing plague victims but never catching the disease. It is a blend of cloves, rosemary, lemon, cinnamon and eucalyptus. 


Ingredients
1/2 tsp mct oilor coconut oil
1 tbls raw honey
4-6 oz hot water

Directions
Drop thieves and lemon essential oil into a small teacup or mug. Then add the mct oil. Pour hot water over the tablespoon of honey into the teacup. Use the tablespoon to stir.

*An important note: When using essential oils it is very important to use quality, food-grade oils. 

Enjoy!
x vanessa 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home