<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 17, 2014

Paleo Sweet Pepper Chili


So I guess winter is sticking around after all. Don’t worry I have an official countdown to spring. Only 31 days to go. So close yet so far away. I got a little winter relief with a short vacation to the gulf. Texas beaches don’t really compare to California, but the weather was nice so nice! I needed a sunshine break from the grey gloom. I must be on a weird Texas kick because I will be returning to the state in three days for my first trip to Austin! I’d love any suggestions of what to do or where to eat. I’ve heard the city is amazing and can’t wait to check it out!

For those of you still braving the winter, especially in the Northeast, this recipe is for you! I love chili, and it was pretty much my go-to cold weather meal pre-paleo. I used lots of beans and store bought chili spice mix. I was reluctant to try no-bean chili believing it just couldn’t be the same. Thankfully my worries were completely unnecessary. This chili doesn’t leave me wanting anything. I don’t miss the beans at all!


Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
1 tbls ghee
1/2 large sweet onion, diced
9 small sweet peppers, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
15 oz can tomato sauce
28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup strong brew coffee
2 tbls chili powder
2 tbls cumin
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper

*If you don’t have flavor god, use this seasoning blend:
1 tbls garlic powder
1/2 tbls onion powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika

Directions
In an extra large pot, melt ghee over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and sweet peppers until onions are translucent. Add ground beef and garlic to pot and brown about 7-10 minutes. Pour in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, coffee and spices. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 1-2 hours. Top with optional avocado cream, recipe here. Serves 6-8.

Recipe adapted from here

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home