<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Paleo Cucumber Refresher and Cantaloupe Margarita


Last weekend my friends and I had a little Mexican Fiesta pool party. We grilled burgers and sipped on some “paleo” drinks. Now I know you are thinking. Alcohol isn’t paleo. Yes. Yes. You are probably right, but for some reason paleo people have embraced tequila and the paleo margarita. Good thing I love tequila. We go way back. Cinco de Mayo is my favorite fake holiday. Anyways. I’ve tried the classic paleo margarita before, but it never really hit the spot. I brought out my inner mixologist and created two “paleo-friendly” drinks. I used my juicer for the fresh cucumber and cantaloupe juice. I love El Espolón tequila blanco. It is a very smooth tequila that blends well with other flavors. 

Cucumber Refresher
1 oz silver agave tequila 
2 oz fresh cucumber juice
1 oz club soda

Stir ingredients together and serve over ice. 


Cantaloupe Margarita 
1 oz silver agave tequila
2 oz fresh cantaloupe juice
pink himalayan salt, for the rim
3-4 cubes or balls of fresh cantaloup

Freeze fresh cantaloup cubes or balls. Dip rim of glass in water. Shake salt into your palm and slowly twist the rim of the glass in the salt until fully coated. Place ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake and serve over frozen melon pieces. 


This little guy wanted a taste too. Thankfully he only got a cucumber! 


Enjoy and drink up! 

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home