<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, August 9, 2013

Paleo Roasted Tomatillo-Pineapple Salsa


While cooking Asian dishes is my favorite, Mexican is a close second in my book. I make more guacamole than is probably necessary/healthy. I’m lucky living in Southern California that avocados are almost always in season. In an attempt to branch out on my Mexican dips, I have been dabbling in salsas. My mom makes a fantastic salsa rivaling my favorite Mexican restaurant’s. 

Right now tomatillos are in season, and I wanted to use them in a salsa. I have previous experience attempting to fire roast tomatillos that did not go over well. I spent twenty minutes holding one tomatillo with tongs over my stove’s flame in an attempt to get the charred flavor. Needless to say, it was a painful experience since the recipe took 6 tomatillos! Yes I spent almost two hours fire roasting tomatillos. I digress... I loved this recipe because it roasted the tomatillos in the broiler. Brilliant. Why didn’t I think of that?! You get the same flavor of fire roasting without the hassle. I roasted my Serrano chili too just for the fun of it!  I halved the recipe and still had a ton of salsa for dipping my sweet potato chips in! 




Awesome recipe from Grass Fed Kitchen.  


Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home