<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 12, 2013

Paleo Fajita Chicken with Avocado Slaw



I can’t believe the weekend is once again over. I have a confession. I have been seriously slacking on my commitment to yoga. I am making a pledge to give it my all for the next month. In other fitness news, I am considering adding Crossfit to my workout regime. I know it is way more intense than yoga, but I need something to get me out of my rut! What do you think of Crossfit? I know Paleo tends to go hand and hand with Crossfit, so I am curious what the hype is about. 

This weekend I made some killer fajita chicken. I was really nervous about this recipe for some reason, but it turned out better than I could have ever wanted! Next time I would whip up some paleo tortillas to wrap all these amazing flavors up. This is a smaller portion because I am working on creating meals for one or two people. As you could see from last week’s leftover recipe remixes, I have been getting pretty creative, but sometimes you just want to eat a meal once or twice in a row. Not five times in one week. 



Ingredients
1 lb chicken breast (approx. 2 chicken breasts, depending on size) 
1/4 white onion, sliced
1 Tbls olive oil

Marinade
1 clove garlic
1/4 white onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed if you don’t like heat)
1 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbls lime juice
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls water
Salt to taste    

Avocado Slaw
2 avocado, diced
1/4 white onion, diced
1/2 jalapeño, minced (seeds and ribs removed if you don’t like heat)
1 Tbls lime juice
1 Tbls cilantro, minced 
Green cabbage, shredded


Directions
Place all marinade ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth. Butterfly chicken starting at the thickest size and slowly cutting the breast in half. Place chicken and marinade into a Ziploc bag, make sure all the air is out. Massage marinade into chicken and put in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but overnight is best. 

Once chicken is finished marinating. Heat large skillet to medium-high heat. Drizzle olive oil in pan. Place chicken into pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. If all your chicken doesn’t fit in one pan, cook in batches to prevent overcrowding. Remove chicken from pan and tent under foil for 5 minutes to let the meat rest. 

In the same skillet you used for the chicken, toss in sliced onions. Cook until translucent. 

While chicken is resting, mix all avocado slaw ingredients together except the green cabbage. I served my slaw with a base of avocado and the cabbage on top because it was pretty, but feel free to mix everything together. The sharpness from the cabbage is amazing with the smooth flavor of the avocado. 

Fill your plate with chicken top with onions and slaw. 


Enjoy! 

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home