<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 19, 2013

Paleo Mexican Fiesta Burgers


This weekend was filled with soaking up the last bit of summer rays before everyone buckles down and starts focusing back on work. I love summer, and I am not ready for it to end. Some friends and I threw a Mexican Fiesta pool party and got our grill on. Sipping on a couple paleo margaritas, I kept with the theme and cooked up these awesome Mexican seasoned burgers topped with a little pineapple tomatillo salsa (recipe here). This salsa really stole the show again. The flavor combo is just the right mix of sweet and spicy. I whipped up my favorite guacamole with a roasted Serrano chili instead of my typical jalapeño. I loved the new flavor the roasted chili introduced! 

My paleo margarita recipes are coming to the blog soon!



Ingredients
Guacamole
3 ripe haas avocados, diced
½ large White Onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 serrano chili
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions 
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place chili on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 15 minutes until skin starts to blister. Remove and let cool. Dice and mix into guacamole. 

Place all ingredients into a bowl and mash avocado with a fork. I like mine a little chunkier. You can also adjust the spice level by deseeding the Serrano chili. I like mine spicy!


Burger seasoning recipe from Grass Fed Kitchen


Enjoy! 


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home