<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, September 27, 2013

Cajun Spice Mix


So there is a small possibility that I am addicted to Pinterest. I find so many great recipes via Pinterest. My browsing usually ends in an hour long binge. I can’t stop. There is also a lot of strange stuff on Pinterest. While I was perusing the food and drink category the other night, I came across this frightening pin. I think it is supposed to be cute, but those little beady eyes. Halloween also brings out the creepy. This gem reminds me of little Voldermolt heads bobbin’ about. Yes I made a Harry Potter reference, but it really does! 

So onto the food. Recently I’ve discovered that you can buy all sorts of pre-made spice blends. Up until about two years ago, I didn’t know pumpkin pie spice was a real thing! Growing up with a baker for a mom, you miss out on some of the simpler baking tricks. Though these can be an easy fix, the spice blends often include weird extra ingredients. I like making my own spice combos to control the exact flavors I am putting into a dish. I’ve come across a couple recipes calling for cajun spice, and tossed together this combo! It is just the right combo of savory with a slight kick. It is amazing in burgers and on chicken! 


Ingredients
1/2 tbls sea salt
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika 
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cayenne 
1 tsp dried thyme 
1 tsp dried oregano

Directions
Grind all ingredients with a mortar and pestle until well combined. Makes a little less than 1/4 cup. Store in airtight container. I save my small spice jars for this.  

Enjoy!


x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home