<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Paleo Triple Citrus Ceviche


So my last post was basically an ode to fall. Let’s do a little 180. I go about 50/50 on if I like shrimp. It is so weird. Sometimes I love it. Other times I can’t stand the texture. RIght now I seem to be in a like phase. I had leftover sweet potato chips from my chilaquiles and wanted to make another dish normally served with tortilla chips. In comes ceviche. I was more than nervous about “cooking” shrimp purely with citrus juice. In fact, I called my mom and brother-in-law to confirm I wouldn’t be setting myself up to fail. I wanted to make ceviche the authentic way and not cut corners by blanching the shrimp. Thank goodness  it worked! I like the idea of serving small portions of the ceviche in individual cups at a party. 


Ingredients
3/4 lb raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 large lemons, juiced
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced 
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 serrano chile, minced (remove seeds for less heat) 
1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
1/2 large avocado or whole small, large dice
1 mango, large dice

Directions
Cut shrimp in half. Marinate shrimp in lemon, lime and orange juice for at least 6 hours. You will know the shrimp is cooked when it turns pink. Add in onion and chili. Chill for another hour to two hours. Right before you serve add in cucumber, avocado and mango. Serve with sweet potato chips to scoop up the ceviche! 

Enjoy! 


x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home