<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, September 23, 2013

Gettin’ Figgy with It: Paleo Fig Shake


So my birthday was yesterday. I was eleven when Mr. Will Smith dropped those sweet tunes. Na na na na nana. Gettin' jiggy with it! You can do the math if you really want. I can’t believe another year has past, and I am another year older. I am not opposed to getting older. Obviously I can’t stop the process, but sometimes I am a little nostalgic to my college years. Those were the easy birthdays. Now the older I get, people tend to expect more. I don’t have a five-year plan, heck I barely have a year plan. I know what I love to do and will do whatever it takes to continue to do it. Oh and it is now officially fall! Bring on the pumpkin, apples and cinnamon. 

For the last three years, I’ve celebrated my birthday with a cupcake or three from Sprinkles. Those cupcakes are seriously addicting! Since my birthday fell on the first day of fall this year, I decided to finally make a pumpkin treat! Unfortunately the recipe isn’t quite ready to share yet, but hopefully I will get it right soon!! In the meantime, get your fig fill with this seriously tasty smoothie. I topped mine with a little shredded coconut and fresh figs.

Ingredients
7 fresh figs, stems removed
1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1 frozen banana, sliced
2 ice cubs
1-2 tbls water
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Extras
unsweetened finely shredded coconut
fig

Directions
Blend all ingredients until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add another tablespoon of water.

Enjoy!


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home