<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, September 9, 2013

Paleo Watermelon Granita


Summer is not over yet! It isn’t officially fall until September 22. While fall is probably my favorite season, I am savoring the last of summer and trying to stretch it as far as it will go. Fall recipes are popping up everywhere, but I’m still in the summer mindset. It also helps that LA has been burning up for the past week! I’m that crazy person who never turns on their AC. I caved. I couldn’t handle it anymore after my apartment peaked out at 85 degrees. No thanks! 

You know what late summer brings to Southern California? Figs and watermelon. I love both figs and watermelon. The figs didn’t quite make it into a recipe before I devoured them, but thankfully the watermelon was too big for me to eat all in one sitting. Cutting a watermelon may see a little daunting, shocking though it is seriously the easiest fruit to cut. I pierced the middle with my chef’s knife, and the watermelon basically split itself! 


Ingredients
1/2 seedless watermelon
2 limes, juice
2 Tbls honey 

Directions
Whisk lime juice and honey together. Remove rind and cut watermelon into chunks. Place as much watermelon that can fit in your blender and a little bit of the lime mixture, pulse until smooth liquid. Pour into glass baking dish. I used an 8x8, but I think a 9x13 would have worked better. The watermelon overflowed the 8x8 a little! Continue to place watermelon and lime mixture into blender. I don’t have a huge blender so I had to do this a couple times. Once all watermelon is blended stir liquid in bowl to make sure lime and honey are evenly distributed. Place in freeze for 4-5 hours. Remove and scrape surface of watermelon with a fork to create a crystalized texture. Make sure to get the sides of the pan, which will be the most frozen. Return to the freezer for a couple hours. Now the fun part. Continue to scrap and freeze until you reach the bottom of the pan and all the watermelon is scraped up. 

Serve with a little zest of lime! For a fun presentation, keep one end of the watermelon in tact. Carefully remove flesh with a spoon. Scoop crystalized granita into the rind bowl! 

Enjoy! 


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home