<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Paleo Spicy Orange Shrimp


Since eating spoonfuls of hot sauce is frowned upon and kind of gross, I knew I wanted to make a recipe for my homemade chili garlic sauce. Ok well maybe I wanted to make the recipe first then made the chili garlic sauce. This is a chicken or the egg dilemma. Either way I’m happy I made this recipes. I was attempting to recreate one of my favorite appetizers from a local restaurant back home. While it didn’t quite taste like what I was aiming for, the results were equally as delicious! I am already planning to use this spicy orange sauce on chicken! This is a small serving for two people, but it is easy to double for more people. 


Ingredients 
3/4 pounds peeled and deveined medium-large shrimp
1/2 Tbls arrowroot powder
2 Tbls orange juice, fresh squeezed
1 Tbls coconut aminos
1 Tbls honey
1/2 Tbls rice vinegar
1 Tbls olive oil or ghee
1/2 Tbls fresh ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced 

Directions
Place shrimp in bowl and toss with arrowroot powder. Make sure shrimp is evenly coated. 

In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, coconut aminos, honey, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce. 

Heat olive oil or ghee in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic. Stir until garlic becomes fragrant. This will only take 10-15 seconds. Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Add in sauce and cook for additional 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon. Continue stirring sauce for another 2-4 minutes until it thickens. Drizzle over shrimp. Serve on top of baby spinach or fried cauliflower rice here

Enjoy! 


x vanessa 


Recipe adapted from Cooking Light

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home