<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Raw Red Currant Jam


Ok so I got the pumpkin out of my system. Well kind of. I have more recipes to come. Those can wait until later, or I might have to change my blog’s name to pumpkin and paleo. Just kidding. But no really, I might have gone a little overboard. The other week I picked up a pack of red currants thinking they would be great to snack on. Woah. These little berries are super tart. I quickly realized I wouldn’t be eating them raw and set out to find a recipe. I’ve wanted to make paleo crepes for awhile and thought what better way to stuff a crepe than with some jam! And the red currant jam was created. This still has a tart flavor, but it awesome as a topping for any paleo bread treat! 


Ingredients
6 oz red currants
1 tbls chia seeds
1 tbls water
3 tbls honey
liquid stevia to taste

Directions
Wash and remove stems from red currants. Puree with an immersion blender. Mix red currant puree, honey, water and chia seeds. Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least an hour. If the jam is still too tart, add a couple drops of liquid stevia to taste. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home