<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, November 18, 2013

Paleo Indian Spiced Roasted Chicken


This weekend I attended my first book club meet up. Now this might not sound like everyone’s cup of tea, but it is right up my alley. Next to cooking I love reading. I set a New Year’s Resolution to read 100 books in 2013. I’m only three books from completing my goal! I normally suck a keeping New Year’s Resolutions so I am probably a little too excited about completely this goal. Maybe next year I will make it 200. Just kidding. Are any of you in a book club or love reading? I am always looking for book suggestions.

I’ve expressed my love of ethnic food. Sometimes creating exact dish replicas isn’t easy, but recreating flavors is a great alternative. I roasted up a whole chicken with Indian flavors, and it was absolutely delicious!


Ingredients
5-6 lb chicken
4 tbls grass-fed butter, softened* sub ghee for Whole30
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 sweet onion
1 small lemon

Direction
Preheat oven to 425. Mix soften butter with all spices. Cut lemon in half and quarter onion. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Squeeze lemon juice over skin and stick lemon and onion in chicken cavity. Spread spiced butter all over chicken skin. Place chicken in a roasting pan and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear. Remove from oven and tent with aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Serves 4.

Enjoy! 

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home