<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, December 6, 2013

Paleo Creamy Chicken Pasta


I’m still trying to come to term with the fact Christmas is less than three weeks away. I can’t say I am a fan of holiday shopping. Don’t get me wrong I love picking out presents for my friends and family; however, I hate braving the crowds of holiday shoppers. People get crazy this time of year! This year I might be relying heavily on Amazon and Etsy to pick the perfect presents from the comfort of my home. In case you missed it, I rounded up some of my favorite items for three holiday gift guides for any level of foodie in your family: paleo newbie, cooking aficionado and my wish list.

I’m so happy spaghetti squash is still readily available. To me the worst time of year is when spaghetti squash is out of season. It is my all time favorite pasta replacement and melds so well with a variety of sauce flavors. In my second (third) attempt to make a paleo cream sauce, I concocted this awesome recipe. I’m in love. It is a great dish to use up chicken leftovers! You can also easily make this vegetarian by leaving out the chicken and swapping vegetable broth for the chicken stock. Serves 4-6. 


Ingredients
1 spaghetti squash
3 tbls ghee, divided
1 small sweet onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 large cauliflower, stem removed and roughly chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups baby bellas, sliced
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
3 cups baby spinach
2 cups cooked chicken, sliced

Directions
Set oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash lengthwise and remove the seeds and string bits from the middle with a spoon. Lightly coat the squash flesh with ghee, which adds a depth of flavor when it roasts. Pop in the oven on a baking sheet rind side up for 35-40 minutes or until you can easily pierce the flesh with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool until you can pick the squash up by hand or with an oven mitt on. After it cools, take a fork and run it lengthwise along the squash’s flesh to create “noodles.”

While the squash cooks, prepare the sauce. Melt 1 tablespoon ghee over medium-high heat in a large sauce pot. Add in onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Toss in cauliflower and cook for a couple minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for about 6-8 minutes until cauliflower is fork tender. While cauliflower is cooking, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee in small skillet over medium heat. Toss in mushrooms and rosemary. Cook mushrooms 5-7 minutes or until soft  

Back to your cauliflower sauce. Pour sauce, coconut milk, salt and pepper into your blender and mix until smooth. Pour back into pan, stir in spinach and let wilt. If the spinach isn’t wilting, you can turn the heat back on to low. Finally add in mushrooms and chicken. Serve the creamy chicken sauce on top of a bed of spaghetti squash. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home