<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Paleo Tropical MCT Smoothie


Now that Christmas is done and over. Sad. The countdown to 2014 is on. I used to love New Year’s Eve, but now it is less about the sparkly dress and more about just staying in and bring in the new year with family. My family normally celebrates the New Year singing some awesome Wii karaoke and little appetizers. Now instead of suffering through New Year’s Day, I get to enjoy a nice breakfast and watch the Rose Bowl Parade. Yup! I love the Rose Bowl Parade. Every year I am in awe of the amazing floats.

If I’m not eating bacon and eggs for breakfast, I am probably drinking a smoothie. I’m slightly smoothie obsessed. My blender has individual to-go attachments so there is virtually no clean up. Most of the time I simply throw whatever fruit I have on hand in and hope for the best. One of my favorite parts of paleo is not being afraid to eat fats. For this smoothie I added in MCT oil for an extra boost of energy. MCT oil is popular in the paleo world as one of the main components of bulletproof coffee.

Ingredients
1/4 pineapple, peeled and cubed
1 medium apple, cored and cubed
1 banana, sliced
1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
1 tbls 100% mct oil

Directions
Throw everything into your blender and blend. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home