<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, December 23, 2013

Paleo Prime Rib Seasoning


It’s Christmas Eve’s Eve. Yup I said it. In my family, Christmas Eve is almost as important as Christmas Day. We open all our presents on Christmas Eve, and it is awesome! For years I made my friends jealous by being able to open my Christmas presents a whole 12 hours before them. My family doesn’t even know where this tradition started. Both of my parents’ families opened presents on Christmas Eve night. All of my great-grandparents were born in Germany, and we just figure this must be a German thing. I really wish I knew if this was true because I have been stating it as fact for years. Anyone else open presents on Christmas Eve?! 

At my house a normal Christmas Eve consists of eating lil’ smokies, cocktails shrimp, a variety of cheese and a ton of sweets. This year we are mixing things up and preparing our Christmas lunch on Christmas Eve. I loved our old tradition but evidently my family has only been humoring me for the last few years. I swear I wasn’t trying to starve them! Almost every year my family cooks up a prime rib with my mom’s special rub. She shared her recipe with me and thankfully it was paleo! 


Ingredients
2 tbls sea salt
2 tbls ground coffee
1 1/2 tbls ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp celery seed

Directions
Mix all ingredients together and store in a glass container. Use 1 tablespoon per pound of prime rib.

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home