<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, January 3, 2014

My Top 10 Books of 2013

Top 10 Books of 2013

So you might have guessed from the title that this isn’t a food post. If you look up at my navigation bar, you might notice a little unused tab labeled “book club.” When I first started my blog, I intended to share books monthly, but somehow this idea fell to the wayside in favor of posting only food recipes.

I mentioned yesterday that I set a New Years Resolution to read five books in 2013. Looking back that was almost a laughable goal. I quickly blew past this goal within the first week on January. I decided to up the anty to 20 books. After finishing my 20th book, I decided why not make a real goal. 100 books. Since I was crazy enough to read 100 books in a year, I thought I’d share my 10 favorites. Ok so it is really more than 10 because I included a couple series. It is too hard to narrow 100 down to 10! Not all of these were published in 2013, but all were new to me in 2013. I hope you enjoy! 

I should probably be embarrassed that I liked this book so much, but it was such an easy read I couldn’t put it down. 

If you loved the Hunger Games, I definitely recommend this series. Small confession. I haven’t read the third because I heard it isn’t as good as the first two.

This starts the trend of my sad books. Loved this one but it is a little dark. 

Warning: this book is sad. Very sad. But so so good. I’m nervous/excited for the movie to come out this summer. 

I’m so happy I’m not a teenager anymore. Bullies are mean. This book takes a interesting look on a mother’s journey to discover why her daughter committed suicide. 

You would be surprised there could be so much chemistry between two character when one doesn’t speak. 

This book has a little bit of everything. Tragedy, angst, love, poetry and happiness.

A simple but very impactful story. The true first YA dystopia. 

A little comedy in all the angst I was reading. I loved Emma’s writing style.

I didn’t think I would like this story, but ended up going back and rereading the first book and then finishing the series. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home