<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Paleo Twice Baked Sweet Potato Pasta


Happy 2014! So I definitely wrote 2013 and had to backspace. Whoops. Oh 2014 I have so much planned for you. I’m big into New Years’ Resolutions. I’m not the best at completing them, but I have always been a goal-oriented person. Last year I set a goal to read 5 books. After finishing 8 books during the first week of January, I upped my goal to 100. I’m very proud to say I completed this goal! I’m going to give myself a little pat on the back and tell pretty much everyone I know. Humble brag moment. I’m not sure what possessed me to think I could read 100 books, but I will say I haven’t felt this accomplished in a very long time. For 2014, I’m setting three simple but straight forward goals.
I’m actually starting my very first Whole30 today! Woohoo! Yes I’m a paleo blogger who has never completed Whole30. Not anymore, fingers crossed. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Next I cannot wait to start traveling. Since college, I’ve had serious wanderlust but always made excuses why I couldn’t travel. I let my fears of traveling keep me from ever even trying, which kind of ties into my last resolution. Don’t be afraid of failure. I can talk myself out of almost anything and rationalize why it wouldn’t work. It took me six months to finally start my blog after buying the domain. If there is one thing I would change in myself, it is my self-doubt. This year I’m tearing down this perception of predestined failure. If I fail, I fail, but I can at least say I tried instead of looking back years later wondering about the what ifs! 

Ok so now to the food part! I’m really excited about this recipe because I finally jumped on the OMGhee and Flavor God bandwagon, and it is awesome! I love making my own spice blends but loved how simple it was to just toss Flavor God in and not be worried about it being filled with nastiness. Nope I’m not a paid spokesperson just a fan! Same with OMGhee. I loved the flavor it added to this dish and used it in every step to really add depth. This is a big dish and makes 6-8 servings.

Ingredients
2 lbs pork sausage
2 tbls flavor god everything seasoning*
1 spaghetti squash
1 sweet potato, peeled and quartered
3 garlic cloves, you don’t have to peel
2 shallots, peeled and halved
3 tbls ghee, divided
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbls tomato paste
1 tbls fresh rosemary, minced 
1/3 cup warm water

*If you don’t have Flavor God seasoning, use this spice blend.
2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp sea salt

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stringy bits with a spoon. Rub 1 tablespoon ghee on squash flesh, sweet potato quarters and shallots. Roast squash flesh side down, sweet potato, shallot and garlic for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove garlic after 15 minutes. 

Mix pork with Flavor God seasoning or spice blend. Roll into small meatballs. Melt remaining tablespoon of ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook meatballs for 4 minutes on each side.

Peel garlic, it should just slip out of its skin if you press on it. Add garlic, sweet potato, shallots, cashews, ghee, salt, pepper, tomato paste, rosemary and warm water to blender. Blend until smooth. Take a fork and run it lengthwise along the squash flesh to create “noodles.”

Mix spaghetti squash and sauce in a large bowl then pour into large, ghee-greased deep casserole dish. If you don’t have a extra-large casserole dish, you can put it in two medium-sized dishes. Stuff meatballs into pasta and smooth squash over it. Place back into oven for 30 minutes. Let cook for 5 minutes and serve.

Enjoy!


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 2, 2014 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks sooo good! I'm obsessed with sweet potatoes :) Checking you out on Facebook too, excited to connect!

Gabi
www.livehealtheasy.com

 
At January 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Erin said...

This was fantastic! I somehow ended up with extra sausage (which my dog loved). I was super nervous too because mine didn't quite look as nice as yours BUT even my husband said this was delicious! Thanks for a warm and comforting dish on a frigid January night!

 
At January 7, 2014 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Happy we connected!

 
At January 7, 2014 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Yeah I am super excited you enjoyed it! Stay warm!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home