<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, January 10, 2014

Nom Nom Paleo “Food for Humans” Review


I’m not even sure I can call this a review. Maybe it should be more appropriately labeled: cooking my way through Michelle and Henry’s amazing cookbook. Have you seen the movie Julie & Julia? Basically a woman cooks through one of Julia Child’s cookbooks and blogs about it. I want to do that to Food for Humans.

When the cookbook arrived on my doorstep, I sat down and read it cover to cover as if it was a novel. There isn’t a single recipe in the cookbook that I didn’t immediately want to cook. Between the beautiful photographs and fun illustrations, Michelle’s cookbook hits it out of the park!

Here is a little roundup of what I’ve cooked so far. I will keep you updated on my journey cooking as many Nom Nom recipes I can! I already have my eye on the “Uove in Purgatoria,” “Fast Pho,” “Southwest Cowboy Chili” and the “Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme.”

Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs 
These were nothing short of amazing. The recipe is simple but delicious. Blend the sauce, pour over meat and set your crockpot to low! 

Big-O Bacon Burgers on Roasted Portabello Mushroom Buns
Absolutely loved these burgers. My favorite part was the mushrooms inside the patty. A great way to sneak more veggies into kid’s diets. 

Slow Cooker Kalua Pig
Four simple ingredients turns into such a delicious meal. This meat is so tasty. I love how Michelle gives examples of ways to use this meat in various dishes! 

If I haven’t convinced you yet, go to your local bookstore and check it out! Or save yourself the trip and just buy it here.Do it. I may or may not have purchased multiple copies to give out as gifts to my friends. 


Enjoy!
x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home