<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paleo Sour Strawberry Gummies


After reading lots of blogs and articles about the benefits of gelatin, I decided to get on the bandwagon. As a longtime sufferer of knee pain, I’d love to homeopathically help my knee rather than relying on pain medication. There are tons of benefits to consuming grass-fed gelatin. You can find out more here. I love how Meatified’s article breaks down all the benefits and reasons to use grass-fed gelatin. 

I tried two different methods to make my gummies. While both were successful, this one is definitely easier, and I believe fool proof! I made two flavors and can’t wait to make more. I’m pretty sure my body is going through sugar withdrawals. While I gave up processed sugar more than a year ago, I still relied heavily on honey to satisfy my sweet tooth. These gummies are sweetened purely with fruit, which I really love! It feels like a treat but is truly helping to heal my body. They are a little tart but I like it! 


Ingredients
1 cup quartered strawberries
1 cup meyer lemon juice
6 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin, (I used this brand)

Directions
Quarter your strawberries first then measure out the cup. In a small sauce pan, heat strawberries and lemon juice until the strawberries start to release their juice and breakdown. Place sauce in the blender and mix until smooth. Let cool for a couple minutes and then add in the gelatin. Pulse a couple times then pour into molds. I used these cute flower ones, which popped out very easily. Mine filled 18 medium-sized molds. You can also pour into an 8x8 glass container. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. I set mine out in the garage because it is so cold outside! 

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At January 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds delicious!! I was curious as to how much this recipe typically yields? Thanks!!

 
At January 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I can't believe I left that out! So sorry! My mold made 18 medium-sized gummies!

 
At January 16, 2014 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

if you had little ones that werent into sour could use use orange juice?

 
At January 16, 2014 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

You could definitely use orange juice! Just make sure it is either fresh squeezed or no sugar added.

 
At January 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Maggie said...

These were a hit!

 
At January 25, 2014 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you liked them!!

 
At March 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Do you blend the strawberries themselves too or just the juice from them?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home