<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 6, 2014

Paleo Pot Roast


I’m on Whole30 day five!! Yeah! Only 25 more days. Ha not that I am counting down or anything. So yesterday I went a little crazy in the kitchen. I made Primal Palate gut healing gummies, Balanced Bites gummies, Elana’s Pantry apricot energy bars, Multiply Delicious fruity granola bars, all-natural deodorant, a dry face stick and started fermenting my own kombucha. I don’t know what got into me but I was on a roll. I’ve been wanting to make half of these things for weeks but kept putting it off. I left out all the honey to make sure everything was Whole30 ok! I’ll be sharing my swaps later this week. 

Things I’ve learned from Whole30 so far. I overdid it on the bacon. Yes I believe there is such a thing as too much bacon. This might stem from the fact I ate more bacon in three days than I ate in the last 5 years. Frightening. Next, using your dinner leftovers as breakfast is awesome! Steak and eggs. Spaghetti squash frittata. The possibilities are endless. If you aren’t already, you can follow my journey via instagram. I might actually post a picture of myself. Some of my friends think it is funny I only post food pictures and rarely any of me. Anyways I cook pretty much all my meals already, but I’d love some ideas for Whole30 restaurants or restaurants with easy swaps. Suggestions? Ideas? 


Ingredients
3 pound grass-fed rump or chuck roast
2 tbls ghee
2 whole sweet onions
6 whole carrots
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 cup organic red wine* sub beef broth for Whole30
2 cups organic beef broth or homemade
3 sprigs fresh thyme
3 sprigs fresh rosemary 
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Heat oven to 275 degrees. Salt and pepper you roast. Peel onions and sweet potatoes. Halve onions, quarter sweet potatoes and cut carrots into 2-inch pieces. If your sweet potatoes are big, you will want to cut them into smaller pieces. Melt 2 tablespoons ghee in a large pot oven medium-high heat. Add halved onion to pot and brown. Flip and brown on the other side. Remove to plate. Add meat to pan and sear on each side for about a minute or two. You want it to reach a nice brown color. Remove roast to plate. Now pour in wine or beef broth to deglaze the pan. Use a whisk to scrape all the flavor bits off the bottom of the pot. Place the roast, onion, carrots and sweet potatoes into the pot. Add beef broth until meat is halfway covered. Then add the thyme and rosemary. Place in over for 3 hours. Serves 6.

Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman here

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home