<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 10, 2014

Paleo Cranberry Chia Cups


The weekend has once again come and gone. No surprise there. It happens every single week, and every single week I am surprised how quickly the weekend flies by. The snow from last week still hasn’t melted leaving me feeling trapped indoors. Before moving to LA, I didn’t like cold weather but I could tolerate it. Now I have no desire to even go outside when I can see snow. I know I am being a huge baby, but everything feels colder when you are used to 45 degree being “freezing.”

Since I was stuck indoors most of the weekend, I binge read a couple books. Yes this is what I do when I’m bored. I watch TV sometimes, but just feel like it turns my mind to mush. I love reading though and can get completely caught up in a book. I may or may not have read a 500-page novel in a day and half. Spring cannot come soon enough. I need some fresh air! 

I’ve made a couple chia puddings in the past, but I am in love with this one! Not only is it pretty, it brings the right amount of sweet and tart balance. Cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving. They are packed with antioxidants and vitamin c, which are both great in the winter to help boost your immune system against colds. 



Ingredients
13.5 oz can coconut cream
5 tbls chia seeds
1 tbls meyer lemon juice, or 1/2 tbls lemon juice*
2 cups cranberries
1/2 cup water
7 dates

Directions
Mix coconut cream, lemon juice and chia seeds together. Divide into containers of your choice and place in fridge from at least an hour. I used 6 4oz mason jars like these. 

Once chia pudding is set, boil cranberries in water until they begins to pop. Add in dates to plump. Pour mixture into blender and mix until smooth. Let mixture to cool for about 10 minutes. Scoop cranberry mixture on top of chia pudding and return to fridge for 30 minutes. 

Enjoy!
x vanessa 



photos by: rachel apple

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

my boyfriend is going to LOVE this - any new way to keep him happy on the "almost paleo" diet we've been trying is much appreciated. thanks for sharing!

http://6000milestohome.blogspot.com/

 
At February 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thank you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home