<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Paleo Buffalo Ranch Dip


I love spicy food! One of my favorite dishes is buffalo wings. Yum. Sometimes I like to push my spicy boundaries, and sometimes it backfires badly. Pre-Whole30, I let a waitress convince me mango habanero wings were only slightly hotter than my usual. As I dug in, the first bite was pure deliciousness. The mango masked the spice, and they tasted a little sweet. Fast forward about 30 seconds and the burn started to set in. Then the burn didn’t go away, it just intensified. My lips burned for a good 30 minutes after eating my four wings. I couldn’t even handle anymore! This dip isn’t that intense, but it definitely packs a kick!

So somehow I missed that New Girl was back on. I don’t keep up with a lot of TV shows, but I love New Girl. I feel like Jess and I are kindred spirits. All that is missing is three male roommates. Just kidding. That is my worst nightmare! Anyways, I evidently missed three episodes and spent last night catching up. I’m still getting used to having cable. Even though I only have a couple shows I watch, I have no clue when most are on live. I am very excited to actually watch the Superbowl this year! I missed it last year, which was the first time in almost a decade. This dip would be amazing at any Superbowl party, and no one will ever know it is paleo! 


Ingredients 
13 oz can organic chicken breast, shredded
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup paleo mayo, recipe to follow
2 tbls homemade ranch seasoning, recipe to follow
1/2 cup hot sauce, I used tessemae’s
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper

mayo
1 large egg
1 tbls meyer lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
1 cup macadamia nut oil

ranch
1 tbsp dried parsley
3/4 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1/2 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions
To make your mayo, you will need an immersion blender.Crack egg into tall jar wide enough to fit your immersion blender. Squeeze in lemon juice. Pour in oil and let egg settle to bottom of jar. Place blender into the jar until it hits the bottom. Blend for 30 seconds then slowly pull the blender up until all the oil is incorporated about 30 more seconds. Make sure you turn the blender off before pulling it out of the jar. You will only need 1/2 of this portion for the recipe. Save the remaining in an airtight container. It is good for a week after the date on your egg carton. 

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Boil cashews in two cups of water for 30 minutes. While cashews are cooking combine all other ingredients. Once cashews are done, place cashews into your blender and mix until smooth with 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Fold in cashew cream with other ingredients. Place into small casserole dish or large ramekin. Cook for 20 minutes until top is a little crusty. Serve with celery sticks or carrots. Makes about 2 cups. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Beefcake Moe said...

What else do you use your ranch seasoning for? Sounds like a tasty combination!

 
At January 23, 2014 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Whoops. The seasoning combo is now included!!

 
At January 30, 2014 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Anne Cordelia said...

I've noticed a tendency of the paleo mayonnaise to separate, so after looking online and getting instructions, I've found that I get much better results if I add the oil slowly, making sure that the yolks absorb the oil before adding more in. Not sure if you've had this problem, but just thought I'd share! :)

 
At January 31, 2014 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks for the tip!! I will definitely keep that in mind!!

 
At February 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM , Blogger legend_018 said...

WOW the way you make mayo is just awesome. I love you for this. So easy and fast!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home