<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Paleo Flax Fruit n’ Nut Bars


Yeah I only have three days left of my Whole30, but I am planning on finishing strong. I cannot lie and say I haven’t come up with like 10 easy treat ideas for when I can eat honey by the spoonful again. Just kidding, I don’t eat it by the spoonful, but I do love it. I am planning on contenting to limit my treat consumption. During the Whole30, I’ve felt so good, and I don’t want to completely negate everything I’ve accomplished. I do enjoy making paleo treats, but I am going to focus on simple treats instead of complicated baking.

These bars are very similar to Larabars. I didn’t set out to make Larabars. I actually was trying to adapt Heather from Multiply Delicious granola bars to be Whole30 friendly. Somehow my adaptations completely changed the consistency of the recipe. I seem to be making a lot of happy accidents lately. I cut mine into two-bite pieces to keep me from overindulging, but feel free to cut into bars.


Ingredients 
1 cup slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups pecans
1/3 cup ground flax meal
1/3 cup dried unsweetened apricots
1/3 cup unsweetened raisins
7 medjool dates, pitted
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 vanilla bean pod, scrapped
4-5 tbls warm water

Directions
Pulse almonds, pecans, flax meal, apricots, raisins, dates, cinnamon and vanilla in a food processor until small bits. Slowly pulse in water until a ball forms. Press into a 8x8 baking dish and place in the fridge for an hour. Slice and serve! Best kept in the fridge.

Enjoy!
x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home