<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, March 10, 2014

Paleo Irish Cream Mocha Pudding


It is St. Paddy’s Week on Plaid and Paleo! Ever since my college best friend studied abroad in Ireland, I’ve been equally as obsessed with St. Paddy’s Day. I think my love of whiskey pairs perfectly with this “holiday.” I know, I know. Whiskey is not paleo, but ya know every once in awhile a long day calls for a delicious bulliet rye with ginger. 

I’ve actually spent each of my last 7 St. Paddy’s in a different city. I will be continuing the tradition this year in New Orleans! I’m so excited to make some traditional cajun fare. I heard crawfish are in season! I’m a little scared but willing to give them a try! I still remember hunting crawdads in the creak during science camp. They have never exactly been high on my delicacy list but neither has lobster. 

Back to St. Paddy’s Day. While my bestie was over in Ireland, I celebrated my 21st birthday. To help celebrate she cheers with a Baby Guinness shot and a picture of me. Every time we get together, we vow to actually take a Baby Guinness shot together, but this never happens for whatever reason. In an ode to the shot I’ve never actually had, I wanted to make a little dessert to look like the shot, which has a kahlua with irish cream on top. So these are nowhere as dark as a Guinness but holy yum! I love how these turned out. If you love coffee, you are going to love this treat. 


Ingredients
pudding
1/3 cup chia seeds
13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk
2 tbls cacao powder
3 tbls coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp instant espresso powder*

irish cream
13.5 oz can coconut cream
1 1/2 tbls coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder*

Directions
Pop can of coconut cream into the refrigerator. Use a high powder blender to crush the seeds until a fine powder. I used my individual ninja attachment to grind the seeds then poured them into the big base. Blend in all other pudding ingredients until smooth. Scoop into containers of your choice. Fills 4-6 depending on size of your jar. Chill for 1 hour. 

Scoop cream from the top of chilled coconut cream can. With a mixer, combine cream, coconut sugar, vanilla and espresso powder until well combined. Pipe irish cream on top of the pudding. 

*If you don’t have instant espresso powder, you can substitute strong brewed coffee!

Enjoy!
x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home