<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Paleo Coriander Pork Chops


So I haven’t had pork chops in about six years. I stopped eating pork and red meat in 2008. I thought I was doing the “healthy” thing in regards to the red meat and fatty bacon. On the other hand, I didn’t mind giving up all other pork products.
I’ve had a weird relationship with pork ever since I held a baby pig on a field trip to a farm in kindergarden. Or the fact anytime my family ate pork my sister would taunt me that we were eating my baby pig. I refused to eat pork from about 6-12 years old. Somehow I didn’t clump bacon in the same category as pork and ham. I obviously didn’t understand bacon was also pig or simply refused to acknowledge it since it is so tasty. 

Fast forward to the present, and my same lovely sister convinced me to eat pork again. I started eating bacon a couple months ago but haven’t gotten on the full pig train. I adapted my mom’s recipe from my childhood and couldn’t be happier with the results! Pork is juicy and more flavorful in a way chicken just can’t compare to. Best part the recipe only has 6 ingredients!


Ingredients
4 butterflied pork chops
1 tbls coriander
4-8 peppercorns, crushed
2 large garlic cloves, minced

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a large bag or shallow plastic container. Marinate pork chops for 1-4 hours. 

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pork chops on a rimmed baking sheet for 30 minutes or until middle of the pork chops reaches 145 degrees. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home