<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Paleo Hawaiian Pizza


Yesterday, my friend came over to help me style my food and take pictures. I attempted to make pancakes, burgers, a side and a layered dessert. I think I overexerted myself just a wee bit! Thankfully most of the food turned out great, except for some overly spicy burgers. I will be fixing that recipe asap. I can’t wait to share what I have been cooking up with you! 

Onto the food for today. Pizza is another one of my guilty pleasures. I loved the first paleo version I made and wanted to make another. I love hawaiian pizza. Something about the sweetness of the pineapples and the saltiness of the canadian bacon is the perfect combination! I used the same crust as before, and it was just as tasty as I remembered. I cheated a bit a dolloped a little fresh goat cheese from the farmers’ market on my pizza.  

Ingredients 
Pizza crust, recipe here
Pineapple, all natural no sugar-added canned
15 pieces of canadian bacon or pepperoni 
Tomato-basil goat cheese* omit for whole30

Pizza sauce 
15 oz can tomato sauce
6 oz can tomato paste
1 tsp dried basil
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp dried thyme 
1 tsp garlic powder 
1 tsp onion powder

Directions
Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan. Rub dry herbs between your fingers to release the natural oils. Place over low heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Spread over crust. Layer on canadian bacon, pineapple and then goat cheese. 


Enjoy! 

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home