<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 26, 2013

Paleo Salmon Cakes


This weekend I spent time at a Big 12 alumni mixer. I love hanging out with other Midwesterners! A little friendly rivalry makes for fun conversation! I didn’t realize how many Texas alums live in LA, but KU made a great appearance!  

In food news, I bought too much of something and didn’t want to make the same thing twice. I love crab cakes and figured salmon cakes would be just as delicious! Thank goodness my suspicions were correct. I ended up making these cakes the next night too. Yeah. Sometimes having the same thing two nights in a row isn’t so bad! I mixed things up and served the salmon cakes over spicy coleslaw one night and my favorite guacamole the other. 


Ingredients 
Salmon cakes
6 oz salmon
1 Tbls stone ground mustard
1 Tbls coconut flour
1 Tbls fresh cilantro, minced 
1/2 medium shallot, minced 
1 tsp garlic, minced 
1 egg
1 Tbls coconut oil or ghee for cooking 
salt and pepper to taste 

Coleslaw
I used this recipe here minus the stevia. 

Guacamole
Recipe here

Directions
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Cook salmon for 12-15 on a non-stick cooking sheet. Salmon should flake easily with a fork. Let salmon cool.

Beat egg in medium bowl. Flake salmon into the bowl with a fork, not including the skin. Mix all other ingredients in the bowl together. Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Form ingredients into 3-inch patties and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Patties will turn light brown when finished cooking. Serve over spicy coleslaw! 

Enjoy! 


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home