<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Paleo Crockpot Chicken Tomato Soup


Two crockpot recipes in a week! I’m giving my crockpot some serious love. I was talking about my current crockpot obsession with my friend, and she found it so funny I called it a crockpot. I guess the more refined term is “slow cooker,” but it has been a crockpot to me my whole life. Yeah crockpot isn’t the fanciest word. It is actually kind of a weird word. Where did the word crockpot even come from?! So I googled it. You want to know the top result. A wikipedia article entitled “slow cooker.” That isn’t what I asked. A few articles down I found my answer. Crockpot was actually a trademark name from a brand. Kind of like Kleenex. Cool. 

So now that you are well informed about the history of the word crockpot onto the food. I have so much frozen chicken. It often goes into my freezer never to be seen again. I am working on using up my frozen chicken, and this was the perfect recipe! It is supposed to be chilly the next few days in LA. I cut the recipe in half and cooked for 7 hours. I also used the italian seasoning blend below. 

Italian seasoning
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 1/4 tsp marjoram
1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Recipe from River North Paleo here

Enjoy!


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home