<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Paleo Cajun Burgers with Caramelized Onions



This is one of two recipes where I put my cajun spice mix to use. From the results, there will be many more occasions for this spice blend. I have a serious urge to put it on everything I make! It’s so good. Yes I know it is just a spice blend, but it is an awesome one! It paired perfectly with the burgers, not to mention the sweet caramelized onions. This was my first successful time making caramelized onions. I normally get impatient and turn up the heat to speed up the process. I’m so happy I was patient because these onions came out amazing! The balance of flavors blend so well. I whipped up another batch of my creamed spinach to lay a perfect base to these burgers.


Ingredients
Burgers
1 lb grass-fed beef
1 tbls cajun seasoning, here
lard for grilling 

Caramelized onions
1 large sweet onion
1 tbls lard
1 tbls olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Cut onion in half from stem to end. Cut off ends and peel. Place cut side down. Cut at an angle, stem to end, to create even half-moon pieces. Separate onion pieces. Heat lard and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the fats are simmering, add in onions. Stir and coat evenly. Reduce heat to medium. Stir onions occasionally to keep from sticking for 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes! It is worth the wait! Season with salt and pepper. 

While the onions are cooking, start the burgers. Gently combine meat and seasoning with your hands. You don’t want to overwork the meat. Heat a little lard on a flat skillet over medium-high heat. Form patties with a small divot in the middle. Grill for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. 

Serve over creamed spinach and topped with caramelized onions! 

Recipe adapted from Freerange Human.

Enjoy! 


x vanessa 

photo by: tanya giang 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2013 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I'm going to check out your cajun blend and try these.

 
At October 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Awesome! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

 
At October 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just found your site and I'm loving the recipes! This one sounds so good!

 
At October 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thank you! This recipe is one of my favorites!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home