<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Paleo Bacon Blue Cheese Spin Dip


While attempting to watch OU football last Saturday, someone asked me if I went there because I was cheering for them. I told them no, I went to KU. His response, “Oh so you tolerate football, but love basketball.” My friend burst out laughing and goes “you hit the nail on the head.” Evidently my love of basketball is more apparent than I realize. Sorry to everyone who has ever had to listen to my constant obsession with KU basketball. I am also sorry that it is not going away anytime soon. AKA ever. Rock Chalk. 

So this might be the best gameday snack I’ve ever made. Well at least the best paleo gameday treat. It hits any salty savory craving on the spot! If you are strict paleo simply omit the blue cheese, but I definitely recommend it if you can handle dairy. 


Ingredients
3 slices bacon
3 oz blue cheese
2 large handfuls baby spinach, about 2 cups
1 can artichoke hearts, drained (reserve 1/2 tbls)
1/2 cup cashews
1 1/2 tbls olive oil
1/2 tbls artichoke juice
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste 

Directions
Crisp bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside on paper towels. Cut artichoke hearts in half lengthwise. In same skillet, warm artichoke hearts and sauté spinach. Let mixture cool. In blender, mix cashews until a fine powder. Drizzle in olive oil and reserved artichoke juice. Add in seasoning and half of artichoke spinach mixture. Pulse a couple times to combine but not liquify. In bowl, stir together blender ingredients, remaining spinach and artichoke, chopped bacon and crumbled blue cheese. Serve with sweet potato chips. 

Enjoy!


x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home