<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 13, 2014

Paleo Apricot Snack Bars


I can’t believe the weekend is already over. My sister and I drove down to Dallas for Michelle of Nom Nom Paleo’s book signing. It was so much fun. I was surprised how many paleo-friendly and gluten-free restaurants are in Dallas! We ate at HG Sply Co and The Company Cafe. Both were incredibly delicious. At HG Sply Co, we shared the bacon-wrapped pork shank appetizer and garlic root mash. I ordered the Hunter Bowl, which was duck confit on top of sweet potato hash and spicy broccoli with bacon. If you live in the Dallas area, you need to check this place out! The next morning, we grabbed brunch at The Company Cafe. I ordered the Yard Sale omelet sans cheese and toast. This is one of the best omelet’s I’ve ever had. Stuffed full of local venison sausage, zucchini, bell peppers and topped with organic salsa. If you don’t mind a little bite in the morning, this dish is for you! I already want to go back to Dallas just to try more restaurants. 

Yesterday afternoon, we headed to the book signing. There was a great turnout! Michelle is so nice and sweet. The Q&A before really broaden my scope of the many different reasons people start paleo. It also helped me realize I can’t convince everyone of the benefits. If you caught my post on Friday, you can tell I am in love with "Food for Humans."We bought more at the signing to give as gifts. Sorry friends, you all know what you are getting for your birthday! During our trip, I kept a plethora of paleo snacks on me, especially since I am still in the middle of my Whole30. These bars came to the rescue when I was starving on the go!


Ingredients
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
2 eggs
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 vanilla bean pod, scrapped 
coconut oil

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grind apricots, almonds and cashews in a food processor until small bits. Pulse in eggs, sea salt and vanilla bean until the dough forms a ball. Press mixture into an 8x8 baking dish greased with coconut oil. Bake for 25 minutes. Makes 6 large bars. 

Recipe adapted from Elana’s Pantry here

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home