<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Paleo Rotel "Cheese" Dip


I’m halfway done with Whole30. I feel like I’ve rounded a major bend and can see the light at the end. I’d like to say Whole30 has been a breeze, but it wouldn’t be the truth. I really like honey, like really like it! So far I’ve realized I still have a sugar problem. On about day three, I went into a big sugar detox. I caved and ate a date. While I don’t eat too many paleo treats, I like layering a little sweetness in my savory dishes. I am enjoying cooking and developing new recipes during this time! If you can’t tell, I am only posting Whole30 recipes during the month of January! 

So I was trying to recreate one of my favorite holiday dips, but this came out more like the shall not be named rotel and cheese dip. I honestly didn’t care that it didn’t turnout how I wanted because I was too busy stuffing my face with this dip! With the Superbowl only a couple weeks away, I am already planning on making this dip again. I love the Superbowl and always attempt to throw a party. This year might be a little more successful since I actually have cable. 


Ingredients
2 cups cashews, soaked in filtered water overnight
1/4 cup water
2 tbls nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
10 oz can rotel or tomatoes and green chilies
3-4 oz salami, chopped

Directions
Blend cashews in a high power blender. If the mixture isn’t coming together, drizzle in water. Add in yeast, salt, pepper and garlic power. Pulse until smooth. Stir in rotel and salami. Serve with cucumber slices and carrots. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Melody said...

Made this today for a get together tonight with friends! So yummy! Next I'm making the gummies you posted a few days ago. My flower mold and gelatin just arrived from Amazon! :)

 
At January 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Yeah! I just made more gummies today. I am obsessed with the flower mold!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home