<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 20, 2014

Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies


My pork belly finally finished curing and was ready for the smoker yesterday. I used a mixture of hickey and cherry wood that gave the bacon a very unique flavor. I’m so happy how it turned out! I’ll share all of what I did later this week.

This weekend I’ve been teasing these gummies on my instagram. I really wanted to add more apple cider vinegar (ACV) to my diet after reading all the benefits (here, here and here), but I don’t like the overpowering taste. I’ve tried diluting it in water and adding it to smoothies, but I didn’t like either of these. After making strawberry and blueberry gummies the other week, I thought why not put ACV in gummies. These little gummies do double duty. You get the benefits of grass-fed gelatin plus all the benefits of ACV. The apple cider doesn’t completely mask the ACV flavor, but it tames it down significantly even my 4-year-old niece devoured these! Much to my sister’s shock. I have been eating two of these a day to get my recommend dose of ACV. A couple of notes: to get the maximum benefits of ACV you want to make sure you buy the raw version with the "mother." It will have little string bits and be less translucent. Also make sure you warm to mixture to an easy bubble then removed directly from heat as to not break down the ACV. 


Ingredients 
1 1/2 cups apple cider or juice, no sugar added
1/2 cup organic raw ACV
4 tbls grass-fed gelatin (I used this brand)

Directions
Heat apple cider and ACV in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Once mixture starts to bubble, remove from heat. Whisking continuously add gelatin one tablespoon at a time.Pour into molds. I used these cute flower ones.Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.

Enjoy!
x vanessa

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At January 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Phoenix Helix said...

I love this idea, but wouldn't heating the ACV diminish its benefits? Have you found any research on that one way or the other? Just curious.

 
At January 22, 2014 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Hi! I did some research, and there isn't too much out there. I agree you don't want the mixture to reach a boil because I thought the same thing about it losing nutrients! You want it to just start to bubble then remove from heat. The biggest part is using raw ACV with the mother. Thanks for the comment! I am going to add some of this info into the post!

 
At January 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Shantel said...

What do you do after you whisk in the gelatin? You pour the mixture into molds? Refridge till it sets?
Yours are those cute flowers. Is that a mold of some kind? I'm confused what you do after you whisk in the gelatin.
Thanks!
Shantel

 
At January 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Shantel said...

Never mind! I just read the other gummy recipe.
Thank you! I'm totally making these.
I seen you post the strawberry ones on instagram and I kept thinking...I need to get on my computer and get on her blog!
Awesome stuff!

 
At January 23, 2014 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I am SO happy you commented! I cannot believe I left out major steps. I have updated it! I hope you love them!

 
At January 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

ahh i'm addicted to ACV. i drink a few tablespoons a day straight up. i just love it. reminds me of pickle juice.

 
At January 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I wish I could drink it straight! Mm do love pickle juice. Maybe if I pretend I am drinking pickles I could do it!

 
At February 6, 2014 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Do you think you could point us to some resources of molds? I have a one year old and all the mold we have come across seem to big for his bites..TIA

 
At February 6, 2014 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Hi Jason! I love these Gingerbread Boy Molds. They are smaller and easy one-bite for kids!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home