<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Paleo Breakfast Bowls


A year ago if you told me I would be curing my own bacon and fermenting my own kombucha, I would have laughed so hard. First I didn’t even eat bacon at that time. Second I had just learned of my new love kombucha and had no clue I could make it myself. So much can change in a year. My paleo journey has come along way from eating so many eggs I never wanted to eat an egg again. Breakfast is my favorite meal. I’m super excited about this recipe because I absolutely devouring it! The combination of flavors is the best of all savory breakfast foods combined!

Any movie lovers in the house? Oscar-nominations were announced last week, and I am super disappointed Tom Hanks wasn’t nominated for Best Actor in Captain Phillips. I didn’t even think I would like this movie, and I ended up loving it! I probably annoyed people with how much I raved and insisted they go see it. Last night I watched Short Term 12 with Brie Larson. It was considered the sleeper hit out of SXSW last spring. It was really good but depressing. I have so many movies in theaters on my to-see list that it seems never ending! American Hustle, Saving Mr. Banks, August: Osage County, Her and Philomena.


Ingredients
1 lb breakfast sausage 
1 tbls ghee
1 medium onion, diced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 bacon strips, crispy
8 eggs
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and diced
8 basil leaves, chiffonade 

Directions
Broil sweet potatoes on high for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. After sweet potatoes are done, turn oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage in medium skillet. Crisp bacon in another large skillet. While bacon is cooking, beat eggs with coconut milk until slightly frothy. Once bacon is done, remove and 1 tablespoon ghee. Add in onion and cook until translucent. Then add sweet potatoes and crumbled bacon. Stir to combine. Grease 4 medium-sized ramekins or oven safe bowls. Scoop sweet potato, onion and bacon mixture in first. Then layer in sausage. Drizzle in beaten eggs into each ramekin. Top with tomatoes and basil. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Makes 4. 

Enjoy!
x vanessa

Food styling by: Rachel Apple

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At January 22, 2014 at 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I first want to say thank you for such wonderful work in creating your blog!

I was wondering if you have tried these little known gluten free and paleo products: Miss Paleo Mixes. They have some more information on the website: www.misspaleomixes.com

If you'd like to try a sample to review on your blog, we'd be happy to send it!

Feel free to email or contact me through my blog (www.relizabethpaleorunner.blogspot.com) if you decide this is something that interests you.

Thank you! -Rachel

 
At January 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Hi Rachel! Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I haven't heard of Miss Paleo Mixes, but it definitely sounds interesting. I will be in contact soon. -Vanessa

 
At January 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM , Blogger sarah a to z said...

Hi there, where/how do you use the coconut milk? I don't see it used in the recipe

 
At January 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I just updated it. It is with the eggs. Thank you for the catch!!

 
At January 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM , Blogger sarah a to z said...

thanks, I can't wait to make these tomorrow!!

 
At January 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM , Blogger sarah a to z said...

what temp are we supposed to cook it at?

 
At January 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

350 degrees. I'm a little embarrassed there were so many mistakes in this recipe. Thank you so much for being understanding!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home