<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Paleo Sun-dried Tomato & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken


My life feels a little boring right now. Time seems to slow down in the winter. The monotonous days of cold and snow drag with no end. Grey skies block out the sun giving the landscape a dreary outlook. I miss LA winter. It isn’t even a real winter, which is why I love it the best. I’m in the market for a new city to call home. Any suggestions? I only have a few requirements: mild winter, all-year farmers market, good coffee shops, Trader Joes and lots of restaurant options. Ok the farmers markets aren’t a deal breaker, but I would love it. 

This is a great dinner if you are trying to impress. Hint hint nudge nudge. Cut the recipe in half for a dinner for two. Or leave the recipe as is and throw a “Galentines Day” party. Yes I stole that name from a show I don’t even watch. Speaking of TV shows, I finally caught up on New Girl. Any Adam Brody fans in the house? OMG. He never gets old. Literally and figuratively. I was always team Seth Cohen in high school. I hope someone gets that reference. 


Ingredients
14oz can artichoke hearts, drained
2 small garlic cloves
1 meyer lemon, juice and zest
1 tbls dried basil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 chicken breasts or cutlets
8 prosciutto slices

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse artichoke, garlic, lemon, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper in blender until almost almost smooth. If using chicken breasts, butterfly and pound to 1/4 inch thickness. If using cutlets, simply scoop 1/4 cup tomato-artichoke mixture into the center of the chicken. Wrap starting with the thinest edge of the chicken first until you come all the way around. Then wrap chicken with two slices of prosciutto. Cook for 32-35 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Serves 4.

Enjoy!
x vanessa


photos by: rachel apple

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Kamila said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 15, 2014 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great recipe. I've made a bacon-wrapped chicken dish in the slow cooker, which leaves the chicken way tender AND the whole house smelling like bacon (big bonus). This could probably be done the same way, with the prosciutto, no?

 
At February 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I used to live in LA, but I have heard such great things about San Diego!

 
At February 15, 2014 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I think prosciutto would hold up in the slow cooker. Now I really want to try that method!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home