<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, July 1, 2013

Paleo General Tso Chicken Drumsticks


I deem this week around the world cuisine on Plaid and Paleo. Growing up in Kansas and Oklahoma, there wasn’t a large array of ethnic food other than Mexican. Also my family’s palates were fairly strictly in tuned toward classical flavors.I started to slowly branch out into the world of ethnic restaurants in college and even more after I moved to Los Angeles. Now Thai, Indian, Japanese, Mexican and Chinese food pretty much make up my favorite dishes. Asian-inspired dishes tend to be easily adapted to Paleo if you have the right ingredients. I highly suggest investing in coconut aminos. Yeah I know the name is strange, but this soy sauce replacement tastes great and adds the flavor of soy sauce without worries of soy and high sodium. 

Last week, I made these General Tso Chicken Drumsticks, and I was completely blown away by the flavor. This glaze is absolutely amazing! I wouldn’t change anything. I considered marinating the chicken overnight, but eventually decided against it. I’m glad I did because the sauce has a very strong flavor, which could potentially overpower the chicken if it marinated too long. I subbed the arrowroot powder for a teaspoon of almond flour because I had it on hand. I reserved about a 1/2 cup of sauce to glaze over the drumsticks after they were out of the oven. Make sure you don’t use any remaining sauce from the bowl you glazed the uncooked chicken from because this is safe for eating. I cooked the drumsticks at 425 degrees for 35 minutes on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. 

(Just ignore the sweet potato fries in the picture. Recipe to come soon :) )


This recipe is adapted from Paleo Girl’s Kitchen

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home