<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, July 29, 2013

Favorite Flank Steak: Paleo-Style


My whole idea of eating red meat in small portions basically went out the window when I visited my family. They are all big steak fans and always gave me a hard time when I decided to stop eating red meat. Now that I am eating steak again, they were more than a little excited to overload me with all the red meat I had been missing over the last five years. We cooked two types of burgers, flank steak and more steak. Needless to say I got my fill of red meat for awhile. 

One of my favorite meals growing up was flank steak. Unfortunately my family’s recipe was doused with canola oil and soy sauce. I updated the recipe and won over my family! Some even went as far to say it was better than the original. 


Ingredients
1 1/3 lbs flank steak 

Marinade
1/4 cup coconut amions
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 rice vinegar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp garlic, minced

Directions
Mix all marinade ingredients together. Place steak and marinade in large one gallon bag or large storage container. Put in fridge and let sit for at least 2 hours but longer the better. Make sure the steak is fully submerged in the marinade to get the best flavor. 

When you are ready to start cooking, pull marinated steak from fridge and let come to room temperature for approximately 15-30 minutes. Heat grill to medium-high. Place steak on grill and cook with the lid down for 4-6 minutes on each side. Since flank steak is very thin, it is best eaten cooked medium-rare. Remove steak from grill, tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut steak against the grain in thin diagonal slices and serve! 

Enjoy! 

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home