<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Paleo Italian Meatball Hoagies: Leftover Edition


I recently celebrated living in LA for three years. I can’t believe it has been three years. When I drove cross country three years ago, LA was full of new dreams and endless opportunities. A lot has changed in three years. Slowly I’ve fallen out of love with LA. I’m ready for a change. I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to do next, but I’m excited for all the possibilities. 

So after eating my tasty meatballs for five days, I was ready for a little mix up. No matter how delicious the meal, a person can only eat the same thing so many days in a row. I love coming up with ways to remix my leftovers. It definitely puts my creativity to a test! This recipe hit it out of the park. 

Ingredients 
1 zucchini, shredded
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 1/2 Tbls italian "breadcrumbs" here
1 egg
Ghee for frying

Meatballs and sauce here

Directions
Beat egg in a bowl. Mix all other ingredients in same bowl. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a little ghee and spread over pan. Form ingredients into 4-inch “buns.” You don’t want to make them much bigger or they are hard to flip. Another option is making a couple 3-inch round disks. Let cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for three more minutes. Assembly time! Zucchini “bun”, smear of leftover tomato sauce topped with leftover Italian meatballs. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home