<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Paleo Mocha Chip Pancakes with Espresso Syrup


I go in waves of being a morning person. Sometimes I will pop out of bed at 7-7:30 bright eyed and ready for the day. Then there are days when I can barely crawl out of bed by 9AM. To get by I rely on coffee. I’m a coffee addict. Maybe coffee isn’t the best solution, but I usually keep it to one cup a day. Sometimes a rather large cup, but only one cup. I try not to drink caffeine after noon to make sure I sleep like a baby at night and repeat the process all over again the next day. 

Onto the food, it’s brunch time! I love brunch even more than dessert, which is saying something. A little sweet. A little savory. Brunch is the best of both worlds. Brunch or any day really isn’t complete without coffee. I thought what better way to satisfy my love for brunch and coffee than combine the two. That sweet, sweet combination made my new favorite pancakes. Mocha chocolate chip pancakes with espresso syrup. Double yum!


Ingredients
1 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp baking soda 
1/8 tsp salt
2 large eggs 
4 Tbls strong coffee, cooled
1 Tbls honey
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Coconut oil for frying

Espresso Syrup
2/3 cup pure maple syrup
3 Tbls strong coffee

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda & salt. 

In 2 different bowls, separate the eggs whites from the yolks. Set the egg whites aside. I made pancakes for years skipping this set, but I discovered this makes the best fluffiest pancakes! 

Blend together the egg yolks, coffee and honey.

Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix well. Mix in chocolate chips. 

Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they have medium soft peaks. Gently fold into the pancake mixture until well combined.

Pre-heat your griddle over medium heat. You want to make sure the pan is not too hot, or it will burn the pancakes. 

Add 2-3 tablespoons of batter to the pan. I like making mini-pancakes, but you can easily create larger ones! Sprinkle a couple chocolate chips onto each 

Cook pancakes until bubbles start to form and pop on the edges working their way into the middle. Using a flexible spatula, flip pancakes and cook for another 3 minutes. 

Makes about 10 miniature pancakes. For the syrup, simply mix coffee and maple syrup together. Pile pancakes high and drizzle with syrup. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 


photo by: tanya giang

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home