<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Paleo Matcha Green Tea Thumbprint Cookies


Bonus recipe for St. Paddy’s Week on Plaid and Paleo. If you couldn’t tell, I’m very excited about this celebration. While St. Paddy’s Day isn’t nearly as crazy as Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I’ve been promised plenty of parades and celebration! I’m always up for a good holiday that involves a little daytime party. So far my time in the Big Easy has been absolutely incredible. I love exploring new places and sampling their culture and of course food. 

Last night I dined at Wayfare, a locally sourced restaurant that also cures its own meats! I had the Media Dia sandwich on gluten free bread. It was sacked with black forest ham, salami, orange mojo pork, swiss, house-made dill pickles, jalapeños, charred onion, yellow mustard, guasacaca and spicy mayo. I would go back and have this sandwich five more times in a row. It was that good. On the table, there was also a sweet potato habanero dressing, which I’m pretty sure I’m need to recreate asap. To top it off, I ordered the Pork Belly Bourbon Old Fashioned, which was made with pork belly infused bourbon, maple syrup, bitters, house-candied bacon and an orange peel. I mean how could I pass up a drink made with pork belly!!

Last week, I mentioned on instagram I bought some matcha green tea powder. I was super excited to use it and thought why not put it in a cookie! I’m pretty excited how these cookies turned out. Not just for the fun color, but the light notes of green tea that pair perfectly with the dark chocolate centers. 



Ingredients 
2 cups almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 tbls coconut oil,melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, pulse together almond flour, green tea, salt and baking soda. Next mix in coconut oil, nectar and vanilla until dough comes together. Use a cookie scoopto make 1 tablespoon-sized balls onto a lined baking sheet. I used my silpat!Make indentions in the center of the balls with your thumb. Don’t press too hard. You just want to make a nice dip for your chocolate. Place 3-4 chocolate chips into each divet. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Makes 16-18 cookies.  

Once cookies are done, use the back of a small spoon blend chocolate chips together. I patted down twice then swirled. Let cool on the baking sheet. 

Enjoy!
Vanessa

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home