<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Paleo Almond Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Almond Butter Frosting


Birthdays on top of birthdays on top of birthdays. With the recent birth of my first nephew, my family now has three birthdays in July. I love celebrating birthdays and buying gifts for others. As a treat for my nieces, I whipped up a batch of Paleo cupcakes. The girls gobbled them up. I really enjoy being home and cooking for my family. Children can be the toughest critics. If the meal passes my nieces’s standards, I know it is a winner! I have been cooking up a storm in my family’s kitchen and can’t wait to share more of my recipes!


Ingredients
Cupcakes
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp ground sea salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/8 cup honey
1/2 Tbls vanilla extract
1/8 cup salted almond butter

Frosting
1 oz non-sweetened baker’s chocolate
2 Tbls honey
1 Tbls coconut oil
1/4 cup almond butter
1 tsp vanilla 

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor mix, coconut flour, salt and baking soda. Next blend in the remaining ingredients until smooth. Place 6 liners on a cupcake tray. Scoop in about 1/4 cup into each liner. Cook for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cook for 1-2 hours. 

For frosting, break up baker’s chocolate square with a knife. Combine chocolate, honey and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Add in almond butter and vanilla. Using a hand mixer or whisk, mix all ingredients together until smooth. After cupcakes are completely cool, frost in a circular motion. Store cupcakes at room temperature for up to three days. 

Cupcake recipe adapted from The Paleo Project

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home