<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 12, 2013

Paleo Sweet Potato and Turkey Bacon Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers


The other night I had a potluck dinner with some friends. I love bringing over Paleo dishes and showcasing the fact there are tons of recipe options. In college, I discovered jalapeño poppers. How I never knew about these little bites of spicy goodness, I cannot tell you! Stuffed with cream cheese and shredded cheddar then wrapped in bacon. Yum. This Paleo alternative is amazing! It is just as tasty as the original without any cheese! Bonus- not only is the recipe super easy, it also only contains four ingredients. I swapped the bacon for turkey bacon. Also to save time I cubed my sweet potatoes and tossed them in the blender instead of shredding. I didn’t end up mashing my sweet potatoes because I was in a bit of a rush slash I didn’t read the recipe carefully. Tip- always read a recipe all the way through BEFORE you start cooking. I have been cooking for years and still unfortunately make this mistake. I think the funniest time was when I needed a hand mixer for a cake, and I didn’t have one. That was one of the best arm workouts I’ve ever had! Back to the point, the poppers still turned out delicious unmashed, but the tiny sweet potato bits were a little messy. 

Recipe (accidentally slightly) adapted from Virginia is for Hunter Gathers.

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home