<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Paleo Lemon Pepper Breakfast Hash


I might have already mentioned my love of breakfast hashes. If not, I’m saying it now. I love breakfast hash. Every time I make a new version, I fall a little bit more in love. There are limitless possibilities when it comes to making breakfast hashes. I make both sweet and savory hashes but was feeling in mood for something savory this week. I almost always have certain ingredients on hand, which makes tossing a delicious breakfast together fairly easy. I keep my pantry stocked with sweet potatoes, onions, garlic and eggs. Taking some of my favorite ingredients I ended up creating a breakfast that I will be making again and again. I loved the sweet flavor of the shallots mixed with the almost spicy tart flavor from the lemon pepper. 

Ingredients
2 handfuls organic baby spinach
1/2 sweet potato, cubed
1/2 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 slices turkey bacon or bacon, diced
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
Coconut oil for cooking

Directions
Melt coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Toss in turkey bacon pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stir and cook for another minute. Place sweet potato cubes into the pan. Cover and cook until cubes are easily pierced with a fork. Put shallots and garlic into the pan. Stir until the garlic becomes fragrant. Lastly toss the baby spinach with all the other ingredients and cover until spinach is wilted. Season with lemon pepper and sea salt and serve! 

Enjoy! 

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home